Rapper Mac Miller death a cocaine and fentanyl overdose, coroner rules

Mac Miller

Mac Miller Died of Accidental Overdose of Fentanyl, Cocaine, and Alcohol

He tragically died on 7 September, just weeks before he was due to go on tour, with his family later sharing a statement confirming the news.

According to the newly released report, Mac's assistant found him unresponsive on his bed in a "praying position". The 26-year-old's cause of death was categorized as an accident.

More details about rapper Mac Miller's untimely passing have been revealed.

The death was ruled as accidental, and resulted from a mix of fentanyl, cocaine and ethanol (alcohol).

As most know, the opiate epidemic has only gotten worse over the years, following the release of the opioid treatment, OxyContin, which users have gotten addicted to, and supplemented with other drugs such as fentanyl.

If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, please call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration's 24/7 National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP. It has taken the life of numerous stars, including Prince and Tom Petty. A rolled $20 bill with "powdery residue" was found in the artist's right pocket.

Miller's male assistant told cops he was not aware of the rapper consuming any alcohol, prescription medication, or drugs the night prior.

Mac Miller died in September. Performers at a tribute concert for him last week included Chance the Rapper, Travis Scott and John Mayer. After Miller's death, Grande said she was sorry she couldn't save the "sweetest soul" who for so long was her "dearest friend".

Latest News