It follows an investigation into how billions of dollars went missing from a state fund - which he founded a decade ago.
After the election, Najib and his wife were barred from leaving the country and have been under investigation, according to the AP.
Al Jazeera's Florence Looi, reporting from the capital, Kuala Lumpur, said: "The sum of about $10m is a small amount compared to the $4bn that Najib and his associate are alleged to have embezzled from 1MBD".
The case against him will be transferred to the High Court where Najib is expected to make his plea Wednesday.
"I am not ideal but believe me, that the accusations against me and my family are not all true", he said.
"It shows the resolve of the new Government to address previous abuses of power", she said.
Malaysia's new Attorney-General, Tommy Thomas, will head the prosecution in the case.
The U.S. Justice Department has also been investigating 1MDB, the Journal states, and "alleges in civil lawsuits that $4.5 billion was taken from the fund and used to buy mansions, a yacht and to fund a Hollywood production company, among other uses".
The fund is being investigated in at least six countries on suspicion of money laundering. Riza did not speak to reporters on his arrival at the anti-graft office.
Najib was toppled as leader by his 92-year-old former mentor Mahathir Mohamad in May.
Police say they recovered $273m in luxury goods and cash from a raid in June, calling the seizure of valuables the biggest in Malaysian history.
He was detained as part of an investigation over the 1MDB corruption scandal.
- The lawsuits say US$681 million from a 2013 bond sale by 1MDB was transferred to the account of "Malaysian Official 1", whom U.S. and Malaysian officials later identify as Najib. Following the stateside investigation, Red Granite earlier this year agreed to pay back $60M to the US government but has denied any intentional wrongdoing. Red Granite, of course, is one of the production companies behind Martin Scorsese's Leonardo DiCaprio-starring classic.