Delhi Police Arrested Wanted Indian Mujahideen Terrorist

Indian Mujahideen Man Became A Teacher In Nepal And Got Married After Escaping Batla House: Cops

Indian police arrest most-wanted terrorist from Nepal border

He was also wanted in the Batla House encounter in the same year in which Delhi Police Inspector Mohan Chand Sharma was killed.

"Khan was involved in reviving the IM and SIMI in the country after the arrest of its big leaders. And he was hiding in Nepal".

"He was involved in many bombing incidents", Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Pramod Singh Kushwaha said, according to ANI.

Subsequently, two IM terrorists were killed and as many arrested. Two others- Shehzad Ahmad and Ariz Khan alias Junaid - managed to escape the building. The 13 September, 2008, serial blasts in Delhi killed 30 people and injured several others. "165 people died in incidents he was involved in", the police officer added.

Tauqeer was teaching in Nepal along with Khan and he provided valuable inputs to Special Cell about his movements.

Junaid has been taken into custody for interrogation by the Delhi Police. A senior officer said that Khan played a "pivotal role" in Delhi serial blasts of September, 2008. It is being reported that Junaid was arrested from the Indian-Nepal border.

Khan was arrested from Banbasa in Uttarakhand, where he had come to meet his accomplices. He had run away from the Batla House scene and had since then evaded the police authorities. While majority helped them with financial aid, they refused to provide them shelter.

A native of Uttar Pradesh's Azamgarh, Khan carried a bounty of '15 lakh on his head by the police.

Later, he came in touch with a Nepali resident Nizam and with his help crossed the Indo-Nepal border from Bihar into the Himalayan country, he said. As a cover, he worked as a labourer.

Kushwaha said that after Khan escaped from Batla House, he remained in India for a month before fleeing to Nepal.

In November 2007, three Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists were thrashed at the Lucknow sessions courts. They also sent an e-mail to news channels five minutes before the blasts to claim responsibility for them, he said.

Latest News