As we previously reported, Nicole Eggert claimed that Scott Baio molested her between the ages of fourteen and sixteen during production of Charles in Charge, before having sex with her at the age of seventeen.
On Tuesday, Eggert filed a police report with Los Angeles police against Scott Baio, her lawyer, Lisa Bloom, told the Daily News. "When Nicole started tweeting about this again late past year, shortly after the major stories broke about sexual harassment in entertainment, my attorneys sent her and Alex Polinsky a letter advising and requesting that they take their allegations to law enforcement for a full investigation", Scott further shared.
Baio has vehemently denied the claims, saying he and Eggert had consensual sex when she 18 or older. Many have reached out to Nicole and me to say that they witnessed inappropriate behaviour from Scott Baio when Nicole was underage. Detectives said that they were planning to summon Scott for an interview as they would fully investigate the case, according to a source. "And I told her what happened to me - not in grave detail - but that it happened to me and I want her to know that. if anybody even attempts anything like that, she knows that I will go to battle for her. A witness, Alexander Polinsky, appeared as well and told the detectives about inappropriate touching he witnessed, as well as his own allegations of bullying by Scott Baio". Eggert (who played Jamie Powell) chose to take the matter a step further and file a police report against "Charles" lead Baio. "If anyone else has information about this matter please contact us", Bloomd continued.
"I was 15 years old standing on the bridge over the L.A. River at Ventura and Vineland in Studio City, and I looked down at that dry river bed and I'm sobbing, I'm sobbing", she tells ET.
Eggert alleges the sexual abuse took place between 1986 and 1990.
At the time Baio was a massive teen star in the wake of his work on the iconic sitcom Happy Days; Eggert would go on to become one of the stars of Baywatch.
Two of Eggert's co-stars on the program have publicly supported her allegations.
The actress first came forward with the accusations against her "Charles in Charge" co-star on January 28.
Eggert is now 46 years old.
In a 16-minute Facebook post, Bail added that Eggert first made false molestation claims against him in 2012, when she was promoting reality shows in which she was appearing.
"My reputation is being damaged, my family is being put through this, and I'm done", Baio added.
In a statement to TMZ, Baio's reps said he's pleased Eggert has taken her claims to the police because he feels she'll now have to explain her "ever-changing story" on the record.
"How any of this could have happened is absolutely impossible". "She told me it was much worse than she described on air".