The agreement is a promise between two countries, he said.
Japan's Foreign Minister Taro Kono said on Tuesday that Japan can not accept South Korea's new policy position on a deal struck in 2015 between the two countries over Japan's wartime conscription of "comfort women". The Games are to be held in the South Korean city of Pyeongchang.
Seoul has said that it will not seek to renegotiate the deal, but will plan to match the 1 billion yen (8.9 million USA dollars) paid by the Japanese government under the deal, with South Korea's Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-wha saying that it will decide how to use Japan's payoff.
Korea's foreign minister had hinted on Sunday that the government could return a cash payment provided by Japan to compensate Korean women forced into wartime brothels by the Japanese military.
In Tokyo, Foreign Minister Taro Kono told reporters, "We can't accept any request at all from South Korea for Japan to take further measures".
South Korea intends to replace that 1 billion yen with its own funds and discuss with Tokyo what to do with Japan's contribution, Kang said Tuesday. "We don't plan to even discuss" how the funds will be handled, the official said.
South Korea's top negotiator on North Korea's nuclear issues will visit Washington this week to share assessments on the latest developments involving the North, the foreign ministry said Tuesday.
9 it will not seek renegotiation of the 2015 landmark agreement on the issue of former "comfort women", but expressed hope that Tokyo will make efforts to help restore the dignity of victims.
South Korean President Moon Jae-in won an election past year after promises on the campaign trail to renegotiate the deal.
He told reporters Friday that Japan will "take all steps necessary", including cooperating with China and Russian Federation, to step up pressure on North Korea so it will give up its nuclear weapons and missile development policies.
A South Korean investigation appointed by the government concluded last month that the dispute over the women could not be " fundamentally resolved" because the victims' demand for legal compensation had not been met.
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga also said several times on January 4 that the agreement "will not move an inch", and deplored South Korea for "moving the goal post every time".
Tokyo and Seoul reached the agreement to resolve the long-standing issue of comfort women "finally and irreversibly" in December three years ago.