A fire broke out in the City Civil and Sessions Court near the Fort campus of the University of Mumbai on Monday.
This is not the first time the civic body has issued a notice to a Mumbai studio for flouting fire safety norms. No casualties or injuries have been reported so far. By the time fire engines reached the spot in around 15 minutes, the fire had spread over a ground plus one building, and had covered nearly 3,000 sq ft.
A short circuit at a power generation unit in the studio reportedly set off the blaze, which is described as a Level 3 fire.
Presently, the fire has been brought under control and the cooling process is underway. "Efforts are on to douse the flames", the official had said. On Saturday, around 8pm, the fire broke out when shooting of TV serials was on.
The fire department received the call at 8:07 pm. However, since it was early morning, there were not much people and later even the court operations in the day went on without any disturbance.
According to reports, proceedings inside the court are expected to be affected as the upper portion of the third floor has been badly affected in the fire. That's a very great news because reports are suggesting that by the time of the fire there were around 150 people inside the studio.
In the last 15 days, fires in Mumbai have killed at least 31 people.